fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Little Green Island in the Big Blue Sea – Day 3

Friday, January 28, 2005

1_18_a
One of the sites we saw on the south shore. Sorry photo from cheesy postcard.
1_18_b
Po’ipu beach: calm enough for a swim. (photo: Andrew Doughty)
I admit it, I’m a bone-head. I forgot to recharge my camera battery and ran out of juice and missed so many photo-ops. Oh well, what ya gonna do about it.
Alas, a good part of our day was spent waiting around the Kauai Center for Holistic Medicine and Research do to Andrew’s ear troubles. The N.D. (Naturopathic Physician) irrigated his ears and gave him some ear drops that smelt oddly like salad dressing—mmm vewy intewesting. The N.D.’s diagnoses was fungus growing in the ears (eww), but no sign of infection therefore no antibiotics were prescribed. I have to say the experience was much less stressful than going to a regular clinic and I felt the good karma (yes I say this with a straight face). BUT and that’s a big but, I suggest if this were to happen to you I would follow up with regular doctor visit. When Andrew returned home he paid a visit to his old-school MD only because there was no time to cancel the appointment he made before our trip. The news was good and bad. He has the cleanest ears in town, but an infection down to his lymph nodes. Andrew is now on a weeks worth of antibiotics and some odorless ear drops.
5 facts about the Weather
  1. Kaua’i gets more rain than the other Hawaiian islands.
  2. Typical weather report: Mostly sunny, wtih a few passing windward and mauka (mountain) showers.
  3. The coasts get less rain than the interior
  4. Average high during January is 78 degrees
  5. Average high during August is 85 degrees

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter