fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Everyday Matters Challenge #2

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

4_12_a

Lamp: Much harder than it looked with a metal surface and many ellipses. Good practice though.

 

12 Comments:

Blogger Kymberlee said...

Wow! Nice shading. I didn't start at ground zero with the challenges. I just did the one that was present when I started so I wouldn't feel overwhelmed. You're brave to go through all of them. I just might have to do a lamp now as you've inspired me. :-)

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi
this lamp looks so real, what an outstanding job, thanks for sharing it with us!
patty at edm group

3:07 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

In a word ... WOW! Getting the elipses in proportion to each other is something that I wrestle with so I admire anyone who can actually do it. The shading works well, too, to establish the dimensionality of the drawing.

Thanks for sharing.

5:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You did a great job here. It looks very real and very much a metal lamp.

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jim Bumgarner said...

Excellent lamp! I have an old lamp similar to this one that I "stole" when leaving a prior job. Ok, I just "requisitioned" it; but it's an old lamp, I think 1940's or so, and I keep it next to my computer. Looks alot like yours. Maybe I'll sketch it sometime...hmmmmm...you've inspired me. Thanks for showing this!!

6:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

uuuuhhhh...wish I could do so well.
I gave up on my lamp co's my muse was looking for something easier to do!!...LOL
But you know what,after looking at yours, I think I'll have another go at that #*^& lamp.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

Well, as everyone else has said: wow! You're really good. It must have been hard, with so many reflecting surfaces. I want the lamp, too!

8:48 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Oh Wow, fantastic drawing! If you lived closer I'd be inclined to stroll on over and walk off with your lamp. ;-) Really covet it! And could use a working desk lamp too. Maybe I'll shop next weekend for one.

1:31 AM  
Blogger u l a n said...

wow.

the shading is really well done! it's so realistic, i can almost feel the shiny metal. =) can't wait to see your other EDM challenges!

ian [everydaymatters]

1:47 AM  
Blogger Julie Durocher said...

Excellent rendering of your desk lamp. I find it hard to represent metal in my drawings, I think you did an outstanding job of that!

4:18 AM  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

Beautiful Drawing.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Cin said...

wow from me too ! beautifully done, bravo !

5:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter