fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Illustration Friday

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

4_26_a
click here for larger version

This week's topic is daring. My illustration is inspired by the many years
my husband spent as a road racer. I found this subject very tricky to
draw—proportion, foreshortening and angles to wrap my head around.

 

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great illo...although bikes freak me out...bad luck in our family!
love the colours as well.
cheers,
kerry

10:14 PM  
Blogger Ellie said...

I like this a lot! Good job! I want a motorcycle... but I don't think I could do THAT... I'm more of a cruiser kinda girl. However, I think I've fantasized about being that daring (or at least about the helmets... they're so cool).

10:39 PM  
Blogger PaMdora said...

Great drawing! You're right, my husband has one, but hasn't riden it since he cracked it up trying to do a wheelie and about killing himself in the process, and I'm glad (that he's not riding I mean, not about the the killing himself part!)

7:03 AM  
Blogger PaMdora said...

Oh yeah, like your blog, too.

7:04 AM  
Blogger Jim Bumgarner said...

This is nice! I like the art involved: colors, lines, composition, foreshortening, etc. My "daring" post was a motorcycle also and you can find it here: Ducati
I hit a black-lab (dog) once on a motorcycle, a long time ago. Since then I've not been on one.

9:15 PM  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

brilliant. I love this drawing.

10:00 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

This brought back memories. My dad raced half mile in the early 60's - some of my first memories are watching him race and worrying about him. Back then the leathers were all black and I don't remember knee pads. He definately had the look of determination.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter