fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Old Brown Shoes

Monday, April 04, 2005

4_04_a
I joined a Yahoo group called Everyday Matters Discussion Group. It’s a cyberspace drawing club based on Danny Gregory’s web log (blog) and book: Everyday Matters. The EDM group posts a drawing challenge weekly based on, you guessed it, everyday matters. I’m a little behind the pack (I think they’re on number nine), but I thought I would begin at the beginning and try to catch up.

The first challenge was shoes: I drew my old faithful Pumas. Perhaps you’ll notice, I don’t bother much with “everyday matters” such as doing and undoing my laces. It drives my poor husband crazy.

 

9 Comments:

Blogger Shelly McC said...

Great drawing of your shoes.
I love the perspective.
great work.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These are really fantastic! The lighting and tonal range is perfect!

12:56 AM  
Blogger Robyn said...

OK ... are you trying to show us all up with your athletic shoes? Not only good with the pencil but also a fitness phreak ... not fair :-)

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to see your responses to more of the EDM challenges. They are fun, aren't they.

Cheers
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

12:58 AM  
Blogger Ramesh Gandhi said...

These are really impressive - they look so real. And the soft colours are beautiful. Inspiring.

1:10 AM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Oooh, nice. :-) My hubby has the opposite problem to you, his shoelaces are always coming undone and he doesn't bother doing them up again. It drives me nuts!

2:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice work.

Detlef
http://www.detlefjumpertz.com

3:05 AM  
Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

These are wonderful... a great drawing/sketch!!!

3:44 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

Great drawing of the shoes! I looks forward to seeing more -- and welcome to the EDM group!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Janey said...

We all have a thing about our sneakers. And your drawing is really good.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter