fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Everyday Matters Challenges

Monday, June 06, 2005

Okay, it's full speed ahead now that I've borrowed Andrew's laptop and adapted it to my needs. You will notice the new theme of the month—June gloom. I can personally recommend the cocktail, very refreshing.

Here are two everyday matters challenges I've been working on: glasses and trees.

06_6_a

I became very bored drawing this tree from a photograph. I was trying to be a perfectionist, but I just didn't have the patience that evening. So I just let loose and threw the lines on the page. Later I collected the bits and pieces of the Jacaranda tree and added them to the page. Lesson learned: being a perfectionist is a real bore!

03_6_a
Broken glasses: need I say more.

 

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda said...

I like your broken glasses drawing -- I think you are the only one who did that! And whether you borrowed or commandeered the shaker drawing with photos, it is still a lot of fun and well done! :-D

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More great linework, as in the eggbeater drawings! I love this aspect of your style, the fluid and free line--- Keep it coming!

1:52 AM  
Blogger Ian T. said...

The trouble with drawing from pictures is that it is essentially 2D to 2D, not that it's always a bad thing but, as you say, it can get boring. The yellow and purple bring this sketch to life though!

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter