fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Everyday Matter’s Challenge #24: Fruit

Thursday, July 21, 2005

21_7_a
Oooh, I’m on a role. Nah actually I cheated and used my first oil painting. I was pleased with my first attempt and was hopeful I would use oils on a regular basis. But unfortunately, I’ve only done two other oil paintings in the three years since I took this art class. Perhaps you ask why? I dropped the class like a hot potato. I mean I literally packed up my stuff and walked out the door in the middle of class. How could this be? Painting should be fun. It wasn’t! It was the most boring class I have ever taken. Week after week, we painted or drew the same old bowl, with the same old fruit, until the fruit was too smelly to paint anymore then we would start again with a new batch of fruit. So I walked out the door and said “mister I don’t want to draw your fruit no more.” Well, that’s what I said in my mind, in reality I slunk out the back door when he wasn’t looking. Cowardliness wins again.

 

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your fruit's lovely but what a bizarre thing for a teacher to do. From day to day, fruit loses its shine and changes color and shape. One rotten apple spoils the barrel, y' know? I think you did the right thing by heading for the door ...

6:13 PM  
Blogger Robyn said...

There is a famous Australian artist, Margaret Olley, who would keep painting the same apples over and over again until they were all wizened up. I think that she was trying to explore how the shapes changed. I must admit, though, that it is an odd thing for a teacher to ask of students.

You painting is very good. Perhaps you might give it another go?

Cheers,
Robyn
Scratches & Scribbles

6:40 PM  
Blogger Shelly McC said...

The boring class sounds like slinking out the back way was your only option. But the painting is excellent! If this is the result when you are bored brainless, you definitely have talent! Great work.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

This is your FIRST oil painting? Wow. I guess I would have slunk out the back door, too, especially with stinky fruit!

9:05 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

What a wonderful first oil painting...and what a strange teacher you had!

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Sorry to hear about the class. But your painting is great!

11:50 PM  
Blogger vfm4 said...

that's a lovely painting, looks almost like an old master's..
do you remember which colors you used?

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter