fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Sketchy: Everyday Matters

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Assignment #30 Draw a chair.

9_07_b
I was inspired by an article in Artist's Sketchbook magazine about artist Mike Daikubara. He sketches in coffee shops with a time limit of 15 to 20 minutes using a small discreet sketchpad. I'm still a bit shy about public drawing so the idea of a tiny sketchpad appealed to me. I also tried one of his suggested techniques to begin drawing with the nearest object in sight then working from that point on. Mine happened to be my muffin. Although, the chair is not the focal point of the drawing, I thought this would be an interesting take on the chair challenge.

 

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

I read that same article. Love that magazine. My problem is, there is no Starbucks near so I can drink latte and sketch.

Seriously, really nice job.

Teri

4:59 PM  
Blogger Miyuki Mouse said...

Hi, dropping by via the edm list.

A smaller sketchpad and shorter intervals of time are some cool pieces of advice. I myself don't like to be too obvious when sketching and I've started toting along a small stack of 4"x6" index cards instead of a full-fledged sketchbook.

Love the composition of this sketch, by the way. Keep on drawing, and thanks for sharing!

6:14 PM  
Blogger pedalpower said...

What a great idea-starting with the closest thing-sure to result in much different drawings than I would do otherwise. Your sketch turned out great!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Linda said...

I LOVE your take on the chair! Very original, and well done!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Cin said...

nice! I especially like you included your(?) hand resting on the table, a fun touch!

1:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter