fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

How do you get where you are?

Saturday, January 07, 2006

01_07_a
I'm reading a book called The Immense Journey: An imaginative naturalist explores the mysteries of man and nature by Loren Eiseley. First published in 1957, it's neither current nor a best seller. My curious husband wanted to know how I found the book. I retraced my steps to find my origins of awareness. I believe it all started with a big bang. Oh no, that's before my time. It started when I ordered an art book from amazon.com. If you've ever ordered something from Amazon you know that they want to sell you lots of stuff so they tempt you with a list of recommendations. I bought one of Amazon's recommendations—How to Make a Journal of Your Life by d. price. In Mr. D. Price's book he recommends a book called On Writing Well by William Zinsser. When it comes to writing, I figured I need all the help I can get so I boughtOn Writing Well. In Mr. Zinsser's book I read the most amazing quote from the The Immense Journey. With my appetite whetted, I find the book on Amazon.com and placed it on my wish list. My husband buys it for me. I end where I started.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter