fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Drawing A Crowd

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

05_01_a
05_01_b
A panel discussion of editors who write. One of the only events with available tickets.

This past weekend (yes I'm still going on about it) Andrew and I spent some time at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books. This two-day-free event is a book lovers paradise that attracts large crowds. See we're not all shallow people in Los Angeles—we go to book festivals. Uh huh. Anyway I digress. The two day schedule is packed with author interviews, panel discussions and book signing about every topic imaginable. We had planned to attend five events until much to our disappointment the free tickets disappeared before you could say Tuesday afternoon. But not to worry, oddly the stars lined up in my favor and I won two VIP tickets to a fundraiser starring the Rock Bottom Remainders emceed by Craig Ferguson of the Late Late Show. Who are the Rock Bottom Remainders you ask? Why they're the literary rock band of the century starring Dave Barry, Amy Tan, Scott Turow, Mitch Albom, Stephen King, Matt Groening and many more. I have to say they're not very talented musically (actually they stink), but they sure were funny. I got a free glass of wine too.

Read about it at Dave Barry's blog.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter