fall_banner



spacer

it was this BIG

Hi everybody, and welcome to my
eclectic web blog.

side_01
Join my flickr group
Dramatic Skies and Sunsets.

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Houseboat trip. Make your own badge here.
diveder_g

t_insp

04_20_b

Lee's Pets
Illustration Friday
LJCFYI
Go fug yourself

Crafty Links
anh-minh.com
Not Martha

Arty Stuff
A Creative Journey
Crack Skull Bob
Quotidian Curiosities


diveder_g

t_m

KCRW most of the time and Good Morning by Kanye West. Yup, I'm hip.

diveder_g

t_gp

diveder_g

t_mrj


diveder_g



 

 

diveder_g

t_wr

diveder_g

Powered by Blogger

spacer

Blind Contour First Friday: Sky

Friday, July 07, 2006

7_07_a
My take on this month's Blind Contour Friday theme of "sky" is skydiving. I drew this from a photo I took years ago. At this time I had four parachute jumps under my belt.There is a huge leap between a parachute jump and skydiving.To parachute you have the safty of a ripcord and you do not freefall. A skydiver pulls his own cord after a few seconds of freefalling. At the time I was told I was ready to make my first skydive since I was a natural. Unfortunately my skydiving career ended the day I took those photographs. To this day I shiver at thought of how quickly the jumpers turned to specks against the landscape. Yeesh, you gotta be nuts to do that!

 

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Howard said...

this is a fantastic blind contour! holy crap.. so expressive, and that hand in perspective... that background is too perfect.. hheeyyy... did you draw it in later?

1:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, you are a very adventurous person - and that's a great blind contour, too

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Web Counter